Dienstag, 27. Juni 2017

[Review] Orphan X - Gregg Hurwitz



Titel: Orphan X
Series: Orphan X #1
Author/Autor: Gregg Hurwitz
Publisher/Verlag: Harper Collins Germany
Publishing Date/Erstveröffentlichung: 19.01.2016
Format: Paperback, 461 Seiten, deutsch
Synopsis/Inhalt: GoodReads
TBR/Leseliste: x


 The Nowhere Man is a legendary figure spoken about only in whispers. It's said that when he's reached by the truly desperate and deserving, the Nowhere Man can and will do anything to protect and save them.

But he's no legend.

Evan Smoak is a man with skills, resources, and a personal mission to help those with nowhere else to turn. He's also a man with a dangerous past. Chosen as a child, he was raised and trained as part of the off-the-books black box Orphan program, designed to create the perfect deniable intelligence assets—i.e. assassins. He was Orphan X. Evan broke with the program, using everything he learned to disappear.

Now, however, someone is on his tail. Someone with similar skills and training. Someone who knows Orphan X. Someone who is getting closer and closer. And will exploit Evan's weakness—his work as The Nowhere Man—to find him and eliminate him. Grabbing the reader from the very first page, Orphan X is a masterful thriller, the first in Gregg Hurwitz's electrifying new series featuring Evan Smoak.
-->GoodReads


[Overview]

I used to read mainly thrillers, but lately I've mainly been concentrating on other genres. I still like to read something more suspenseful every now and then and when I read the synopis for 'Orphan X' I was instantly drawn to it. I was lucky enough to get a review copy from Harper Collins Germany, thank you for that!

[My Opinion]

I really enjoyed this book, just as I expected.
Evan, the main character, was very organized, efficient and, to me, likeable. Of course, the story of the assassin/bad guy/whatever finding his humanity isn't anything new, but it was really well done and I quite enjoyed myself.

The plot was interesting until the very end and I was never sure who's actually behind it all. It's quite fast paced and storys about the lonely agent are exactly what I like. Of course, this storyline isn't exactly new either, but there were a lot of twists and turns and I was really taken with the book!

I liked Hurwitz's writing style as it was very easy to read and there was a nice flow to it.
There was one thing however that I didn't like too much. There were a lot of detailed and very technical descriptions. Don't get me wrong, I like detailed descriptions, but as a non-assassin, non-weapons expert, knowing exactly what weapons he uses, how he uses them, how his apartement is secured and what kind of Vodka he likes, isn't that important to me.
But even though I wasn't that happy with the descriptions they didn't hinder my reading flow, so it wasn't that bad.

[Overall]

I really liked this book and rated it 4 stars. As it's the first book in a series I'm really excited to read the second part!

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Durch das Kommentieren auf diesem Blog erklären Sie sich mit der Speicherung und Verarbeitung Ihrer angegebenen Daten durch diese Webseite einverstanden. Um die Übersicht über Kommentare zu behalten und Missbrauch zu verhindern, speichert diese Webseite Name, E-Mail, Kommentar sowie IP-Adresse und Zeitstempel Ihres Kommentars. Sie können Ihre Kommentare später jederzeit wieder löschen.
Detaillierte Informationen finden Sie in meiner Datenschutzerklärung und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.