Samstag, 15. Juli 2017

[Review] The Winner's Kiss - Marie Rutkoski


Titel: The Winner's Kiss
Series: The Winner's Trilogy #3
Author/Autor: Marie Rutkoski
Publisher/Verlag: Farrar Straus Giroux
First Published/Erstveröffentlichung: 29.03.2016
Format: Kindle, 498, english
Synopsis/Inhalt: GoodReads
Review: 5*, GoodReads, LovelyBooks
TBR/Leseliste: -




War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it, with the East as his ally and the empire as his enemy. He's finally managed to dismiss the memory of Kestrel, even if he can't quite forget her. Kestrel turned into someone he could no longer recognize: someone who cared more for the empire than for the lives of innocent people-and certainly more than she cared for him. At least, that's what he thinks.
But far north lies a work camp where Kestrel is a prisoner. Can she manage to escape before she loses herself? As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover unexpected roles in battle, terrible secrets, and a fragile hope. The world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and Kestrel and Arin are caught between. In a game like this, can anybody really win?
-->GoodReads 



If you follow me you'll now that in June I read The Winner's Crime and loved it so much I couldn't help but read this one right after. Just as the first two books I loved this one.



Kestrel and Arins relationship changed/developed even more in this one and for a long time I wasn't sure what to think of it.

It didn't quite turn out the way I would have liked and to be honest I didn't enjoy this aspect of the book that much.

Kestrels amnesia added a layer to the book which I didn't need or appreciate all that much, especially considering their relationship.



Another aspect of said amnesia which I absolutely enjoyed on the other hand was Kestrels character development.

She already grew a lot in the last book but here she really came into her own.



Even more than Kestrels story line I loved Arin and Roshar. While their relationship started out a bit rocky it changed into a beautiful friendship that later even included Kestrel.



In my last review I said Verex was one of my favorite side characters. Roshar is my favorite side character. I love his sarcasm and witt and his snarky attitude. 



As for the plot, I loved it. In my opinion this book is the best one in the series.

It's so action packed and fast paced and I just love battles.

Not only that, this wasn't just your ordinary battle heavy book, it's full of strategy and new tactics.



As I said, this one is my favorite in the series, which is quite the feat as I loved the other ones as well. I rated this book 5 stars.


Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Durch das Kommentieren auf diesem Blog erklären Sie sich mit der Speicherung und Verarbeitung Ihrer angegebenen Daten durch diese Webseite einverstanden. Um die Übersicht über Kommentare zu behalten und Missbrauch zu verhindern, speichert diese Webseite Name, E-Mail, Kommentar sowie IP-Adresse und Zeitstempel Ihres Kommentars. Sie können Ihre Kommentare später jederzeit wieder löschen.
Detaillierte Informationen finden Sie in meiner Datenschutzerklärung und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.